This industry can be a lot of fun, and likewise this industry can also be very harmful if you don’t know anything about protecting yourself. Here’s some steps you can take right now to assure your future safety.
First would be a takedown DMCA service like Branditscan. I would not recommend Cam Model Protection as I have heard from a model that while they did remove her content, they also removed other girls and charged her for it. Something to keep in mind when choosing a takedown service and it never hurts to ask around for others’ experience. There are a few others like DMCA512 and DMCA Force however I highly recommend Branditscan as it was created by a ManyVids co-founder.
Next let’s cover metadata. One thing you can make sure to do is remove all the sensitive information from your photos. One way to do this is to screenshot the image. Screenshots provide a timestamp and even that can go through editing so it’s one of the easiest ways you can use to remove metadata from a photograph. Many sites will do this for you already however there are some that do not.
Removing photo metadata on mobile devices
1. Open the ‘Photos’ app.
2. Select the photo you wish to edit.
3. Click ‘Share’
4. Select ‘ViewExif’
5. Turn off the location option.
Removing photo metadata on PC
1. Navigate to the folder holding the images you want to edit.
2. Select the file (or files) you wish to delete metadata from.
3. Right-click and select Properties, then Details.
4. Select Remove Properties and Personal Information.
5. Click Create a copy with all possible properties removed.
6. Select “OK” and thats it!
Removing photo metadata on Mac
1. Open the file you would like to remove metadata from.
2. Click on the “Tools” menu and select the “Protect Document” option.
3. In the “Protect Document” window check the box next to “Remove personal information from this file on save.”
4. Finish working on your document and then save.
5. Once you have saved the file and this setting has been activated the file will no longer have any identifiable information associated with it.
These are 2 simple and easy ways to start protecting yourself right now. We know that this is the wild west when it comes to careers and oftentimes frustrating navigating it on your own. If you make this a habit today though, your future self will thank you for all the measures you took to keep yourself safe.