Before Snapchat got flooded with the “Premium” market, Takeovers were a main source of income for many. Models would spend all day on large Snapchat accounts like Arsenic, RedTube, FanCentro and ManyVids giving it their all for a great payday. If you hustled on your scheduled Takeover day, there’s no telling how much you could make. It wasn’t unheard of to make $2,000 in 24 hours just selling memberships to a private Snapchat account.
Unfortunately, now it isn’t as easy as it used to be. A Snapchat account can be deleted so quickly it is hard to build a steady following of potential customers. Oddly the Takeover craze never really hit Instagram so it became a staple of the Snapchat culture. If you are ever planning to do one in your career, here are a few tips for your first one to go smoothly!
- Have your snapcode and pic of all your social media ready to post so followers know where to find you. Might we recommend Phonto as a great app for adding text to pics.
- When you log in, always make sure the person before you is finished! You can usually tell by the last upload time. If it’s only been 5 minutes, wait another 10 and then proceed.
- Always start by introducing yourself and your social media so people know right away who you are and how to search for you.
- Filters are fun; feel free to play with those! A max of 2 snaps per filter if it’s the voice changers because a lot of people think they can get annoying. Voice changers aren’t good for giving important information or speaking a lot.
- If you’re not planning on going somewhere (like to the movies or the store) and you plan on staying home for the takeover, an easy way to keep attention is by doing outfit changes.
- If you do plan on going somewhere for the takeover, make sure you have someone available to film for you! It really makes your takeover look 10x better when someone else is holding the camera on you.
- Viewers love a good Q&A! Sometimes this can get long winded and you’ll lose viewers. The best number of questions to answer that will keep everyone’s attention and not lose them is 10. Pick the 10 best questions and answer those.
- There’s no real reason to show full nudity since you can get deleted so make sure you refer to their rules. If they don’t send any rules, just ask. Some accounts care, some don’t.
- Some admins do not mind you opening messages, but some do. Again, just make sure that you have already established the rules of their account before you log on.
- As important as it is to be yourself, make sure that you choose music that you personally connect with. More often than not, I have had people follow me because they enjoyed my music taste or hadn’t heard the song I played in quite some time. This is a great way to get them to follow you long term.
- Save all of the snaps that you take from this take over because you can use them later for other ones. You can even use it on other social media accounts!
- Saving all your snaps over time in a Dropbox account is a great idea so you can reuse them at any time. And it clears up space on your phone too!
For all we know Takeovers could be a thing of the past in a few years. While Snapchat is still around and models are still using it for VIP shows, we have a feeling Takeovers will be important. If you end up seeing great results and want to do more, add other girls you see from Takeovers. Watch these model’s stories and when they do other Takeovers you can add those accounts. Such an easy way to grow your list!
Some Takeover accounts we know of (the list will be added to as we go):
Instagram: Premium.Takeovers / Babezwithbunz
Snapchat: @AllureBabes / @Modelshoutoutz / @sexyroute420 / @freestyleeclub / @msexytakeovers8 / @higherqueens_tv / @newthumpers / @finest_dimez / @dimes.downunder / @nstakeoversfw / @selfieshouts2.0 / @naughtytakeovers / @aclassgirls / @thisispuretv / @socialfreshtv